Monday, September 21, 2020

Of Possoms, Banjos, and Making Disciples...Meet Keith, filling a vital new role for CSB

 

One of the biggest challenges we face as a ministry, in addition to some of the strong cultural headwinds that seem to be gusting hard right now, is simply the fact that many people and churches don't know who we are. That's why we want to introduce you to our newest team member, Keith Reinsel.

Keith will be leading our electronic communications efforts moving forward, focusing on social media awareness raising as well as helping us with a strategy for getting our resources into a digital format that will make them more accessible and useful to our leaders.

Keith not only fills a greatly needed role for our ministry, but also brings some of the more interesting hobbies I've yet seen from our staff!


What do Possums (yes spelled correctly), banjos, and discipleship have in common? Take a look at this short interview with our newest staff member, Keith Reinsel.

Keith Reinsel Vitals:

  • Age:  28
  • Home town:  Moon Township, PA
  • Marriage vitals:  Married for 2 years
  • Children (or cat):  2 cats, Arno (2) and Peggy (3), no tiny humans yet
  • Hobbies:  consuming stories in multiple mediums-books, plays/musicals, shows, games; creating stories of my own-writing, storytelling, drawing; photography; camping; creeking; cooking
  • Interesting fact(s):  My wife is is a horse riding instructor and seamstress, and we enjoy cosplaying; I have been Red Green Possum Lodge Member of the Month; I have been on multiple 60 miles/5 day canoe trips down the Allegheny River; I have written a few short stories; I once scored over 1,000,000 points on GALAGA, resetting the hi-score counter; and I am learning to play the banjo.


Brigade Connection: How did you develop a love for  inter-generational discipleship?

Keith:  I’ve had a passion for working with youth and the importance of discipleship after realizing the effects that people like that have had in my life.  I am thankful to have had people who influenced me and helped me to grow in my faith and want others to have the same.  We need to build and strengthen the youth as they are growing up, encouraging and leading them in the Faith.
 
Brigade Connection: How did you first encounter Brigade?


Keith:  I first encountered Brigade when I worked Summer Camp staff at Camp Hickory Hill while attending Houghton College.  A friend and fellow staff member and I would travel out to CHH to help out with the various weekend events, including a few Camporama.

Brigade Connection: How did you come to be on Brigade staff?

Keith:  Scott and I met at Camp Hickory Hill and he reached out to me after he saw me at one of this summer’s virtual Leader’s Huddles, and proposed this position and these projects.  After a lot of prayer and the Lord moving, He opened the doors and worked everything out for me to be here.

Brigade Connection: How would you describe CSB in 2 or three sentences?

Keith:  Christian Service Brigade is building boys to be the men of tomorrow, instilling in them Biblical values, and helping show them what it means to be like Christ, keeping him at the center of their lives.  CSB is essential, and more boys should be a part of it.  We are changing lives and changing the world.

Brigade Connection: What role will you be playing? How can our readers assist in your vision?

Keith:  I am the Digital Content Coordinator, which means I manage our presence on social media, i.e. Facebook, Instagram, etc., as well as other various means of communication.  One of my current projects is to put all of our resources into a digital online format for use by our members down the road.  I am also working on a project that will give the Brigade young men a healthy place of their own to hang out online, meet other Brigade members with similar interests, and provide a new avenue for outreach and discipleship.

























 

1 comment: