Monday, December 7, 2020

This is Talent! Join us in welcoming this new talent to the Brigade team.


Most of our Regional Directors come to us because they have in some way been involved in Brigade. That totally makes sense. But sometimes God hands us a new person in a way that only He can. That also makes sense! God like to surprise us.

When our President, Scott Haima, bumped into Stephen Ingis on the disc golf course neither of them had any idea that their paths would soon join and Stephen's life would be altered forever. We're thankful for his unique perspective and talents, which include, as mentioned above, disc golf, but did you know he's been calling square dances since he was 12?!

Read more about Stephen and how he came to be our newest Regional Director in the interview below.

Stephen Ingis Vitals:

Age:                         22
Home Town:           Hillsdale, NJ
Marital Status:       Single
Hobbies:                  Ultimate Frisbee, Scuba diving, LEGO
Interesting Fact:     I started professionally calling square dances when I was 12 years old.

Brigade Connection:
How did you develop a love for intergenerational discipleship?


Stephen in the middle with parents, bro, and sister-in-law
Stephen: I have seen in many christian circles a lack of discipleship. I have known many men and boys who want direction and answers but there is no one to walk alongside them. By God's grace, I have had many great male mentors pour into me. I want to see other boys and men gain the opportunity to be blessed and poured into. Boys are growing into men with no direction or knowledge on how to live wisely. This is a tragedy that breaks my heart and I want to see it changed.

Brigade Connection: How did you first encounter Brigade?

Stephen: I did not grow up in a Brigade like many others who I work with. I actually met Scott Haima (the CSB president) playing disc golf with some friends. I would say God ordained our meeting and really impressed on the hearts of myself and the Brigade staff I met that this position was a good fit for me.

Brigade Connection: How did you come to be on Brigade staff?

Stephen: When Scott found out I was interested in ministry he wanted to start interviewing me and I had a peace about the situation that made me comfortable to really go full force into getting the position of Regional Director. I didn't know it at the time but Brigade had just had the New Jersey Regional position open up and were in urgent need to get it filled.

And actually a few weeks before I met Scott I had started asking God to provide an opportunity for me to serve Him where he wanted me. I don’t think it was a coincidence that an opportunity basically came out of nowhere shortly after I started asking God for one. God is faithful, he answers our prayers and if you ask him for a chance to serve, he will give you one.


Brigade Connection: How would you describe CSB in two or three sentences?

Stephen: A tool for men to use as they train the next generation. The books, resources and staff are here to make sure that men, whether they are confident or clueless, are equipped and ready to raise up the next generation.

Brigade Connection: What is your vision for CSB in your region?

Stephen: I want to see men and boys of all ages working together to serve Christ and help each other. Christians must realize that we are in a war and if we don’t stand together we will fall apart.

“Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.”
Men are being taught that they need to learn to stand alone and never show emotion. This is false! 

Stephen on the right with his brother

I want to see those in my region come together and support each other, build each other up, confess their sins to one another, and stand with their brothers in Christ.


2 comments:

  1. That's amazing for a 22 year old. May the Lord greatly bless his work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for God to provide Stephen. His vision is right on and God will greatly use him. Thank You Lord.

    ReplyDelete