Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Intern interview: Erik Johnson



Thanks to Erik Johnson’s great work our leaders will have 6 new modules this year

How are we accomplishing the ever increasing rate progress as a ministry? One of our strongest assets has quickly become our passionate and competent interns. Though still fresh and new our internship program has found a consistent stream of amazing young men who have taken up the challenge.  One of many recent examples is Erik Johnson has been an enormous help to our reVision team. Among other things he helped develop six of our new modules. Here is a bit about Erik in his own words:

A little background on Erik

I have been involved in both CSB as well as through Northern Frontier Camp as a camper and now as my fourth summer as a counselor. I think camp has been one of the biggest influences in my life, and in particular the camp directors, fellow counselors, and campers.

I am going to be a senior at Cedarville University next year majoring in Journalism with a focus on Public Relations and a support field in Travel Writing and a minor in Bible. I have competed on the track and cross country teams at Cedarville the past three years. I love backpacking and camping and my dream is to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail one day.

What did his internship look like?


My internship with CSB had two parts. The majority of it has been just writing content for new modules that are being developed. The past five and a half weeks I have written the majority of the content for six new modules. The other part of the internship was to look at some promotional materials and make some recommendations for how CSB could best utilize some of the resources they have.

I feel like I was able to do a lot with the modules I have been working on. There is a lot of rough content, but once it is polished a little and put into the design I think it will be really nice.

The impact

It was definitely a little strange thinking about the impact of what I am writing. Many times I find myself asking myself, "Who am I to be writing and teaching about all this stuff?" But I trust that God will use it for His purposes and will use the rangers that are teaching the materials directly to the boys.

I did not realize how big an organization CSB is until the internship. I had only seen the branch in the Northeast U.S. I knew CSB was more widespread than that but I didn't know how big, and here I am making calls to British Columbia and Saskatchewan. It was pretty neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment